18 April, 2007

Mario Quintana

I love Mario Quintana, a brazillian poet that talks about life in a sarcastic way..

Here is a sample of his work:


THE SELF-PORTRAIT
In the picture that
I become- trace the trace -
to the times
I paint me cloud,to the times
I paint me tree…to the times
I paint me thingsof that nor it has more souvenir…
or things that do not exist
but that one day they will exist…
and, of this chore, where
I search- little by little -
my perpetual similarity,
in the end, that will remain?
A child drawing…
Finished for an insane person!

“The worst thing about our problems is that they are not of other people's business.”

“If I were a priest, I would not preach about God or sins (...); I would cite the poets, pray their verses, the most beautiful ones, (...) because poetry purifies the soul...and a beautiful poem - even those which are apart from God -, a beautiful poem always takes us to Heaven!”

No comments: